6mm civilian cars - Set 2

A new set of 6mm civilian cars. The previous is here. Bought from Aliexpress. 100 miniatures of cars, one single model, 6 colors. I have painted and modified 49 of them. Those modified were made to represent a convertible car (2 of them), a car carrying baggage, scrap/used cars - 6 of them, destroy parts of the miniature as desired, all in the name of art :) -, cars that suffered minor accidents or paint problems (scratches and so on). Each car is composed of a body with a pin on its rooftop on the interior and the "chassis" made of the actual car and wheels and a hole on the rooftop so that the pin from the body enters that hole and so the actual miniature is assembled. With this nice mode of assemble you can easily paint the body of the miniature (I have discovered this not from the beginning, as all miniatures come assembled, but after I have painted some of the miniatures). Also from 100 miniatures, 5 of them were having some problems: missing front wheels or broken - half - front wheels. You can easily convert these miniatures into something like I did, but maybe you will have even better ideas. I, for example, also plan on doing some better bases for BattleMechs with some of these cars. My modified miniatures were actually made before discovering the miniatures with problems, because I really wanted to do some scrap cars as battlefield terrain or to represent a scrapyard in a city (the destroyed cars look even better because it is only the body of the car - no windows, no wheels, no nothing). I have also painted the headlights white and taillights red (it is a little bit hard on the "factory" painted miniatures - I mention here that after I opened the package the first thing I did was to wash carefully all the miniatures so that the paint will stick and also for safety reasons). Paint job can be easily improved and also other conversions with weapons and engineering equipment and other stuff can be made (as for stuff, the actual baggage from I modified car is made from green stuff). These miniatures can be used as wargame objectives, terrain (think of a big future city), actual combat miniatures from an insurgent faction and the many more. So there you have it, another set of cars!







No comments:

Post a Comment