Smoke and Damage Markers

While working on the project of representing a rocket in flight I tried to create the smoke that the rocket leaves behind with a pipe cleaner, something I have seen that it works good at others. I decided to do it in another way, but I have kept some pipe cleaners for similar projects. At the same time, I wanted to create some smoke markers, because the simple soft sponge cut in different shapes was not something that I liked that much. This is when I decided to use the pipe cleaners. I have used 4 or 5 of them, cutting each of them in small, not equal lenghts, and then glue them to a round small (around 1cm) base, applying pebbles to the base so that the marker would not fall to the ground because of its high height. Then I have painted the base, painted the part of the pipe cleaner black/german grey, leaving small white (the initial pipe cleaner was plain white) parts to improve the reality of the released smoke, adding small irregular point/lines of yellow, orange and even fewer red colors to the base of the smoke. I like the end result and I want to give it a try in a real wargame experience. On the horizon I can see an improvement to be made so that the upper part of the smoke is more real, making it fluffy.










No comments:

Post a Comment