Nuclear Shrimp Games Sci-Fi 6mm Miniatures Images

Why

Nuclear Shrimp Games has a small range of 6mm miniatures, divided among three factions from the Black Earth Heavy Metal ruleset (for 15mm and 28mm miniatures, but it can be played with 6mm miniatures): The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Homo Inhumanum (Brute) and The Tecton Order. There are interesting design for these plastic miniatures and being curious to see especially the miniatures of Brute Gorusk and vehicles from Tecton Order faction, I decided to buy them and also some other miniatures from the range.
How
All of the miniatures are from plastic, come unpainted and require some assemble. Some need a little bit more work - cleaning, especially infantry miniatures like Tecton Order Wraith Platoon. You have to be careful not to break them, although they are quite sturdy (2-3 infantry models I broke in the process, but I fixed them, with some glue and green stuff). After cleaning, do not forget to wash them, in fact carefully wash them with liquid soap. I did not took enought time to wash them, based on previous experience with metal miniatures, but also with other plastic/resin miniatures. This time I had some problems while trying to paint these miniatures, but it was satisfactory fixed with many layers of thin paint (sometimes thick, when patience run away). Also, I did not apply a primer, I painted them directly. The plastic miniatures fit well, were easy to assemble and the whole process was cleaner than for metal miniatures.
 
Results
After all the mentioned steps I have ended with many interesting painted miniatures. For wargame style, for viewing them from a distance, the miniatures look good to me. I have assembled a list of these miniatures in such a way the under each photo that can be enlarged there is the name of the painted miniature and a link that leads you to further images if you are more interested in a respective miniatures, since I have taken, for most of the miniatures, photos from different angles. The miniatures are shown in the order of faction, from Homo Inhumanum, to Tector to UEF.

Review
The miniatures line is composed of infantry, artillery, land and air vehicles (only Tecton drones). As I said in the beginning, the miniatures range is small, under 20 miniatures. You can find infantry miniatures, artillery, land vehicles (armoured personnel carrier, tank, battle-suits, all-terrain vehicles) and air vehicles (small drones). Infantry comes with sufficient postures and is varied in terms of postures and weapon capabilities, as is the case for Homo Inhumanum Raid Wave or UEF Infantry Platoon. The commander from the Tecton Order Knight Brotherhood is also very interesting. In general, for the price you pay, there are sufficient infantry models per pack you buy to be satisfied and to field combat units in a wargame.
Tecton Order vehicles have a design which  I liked and it attracted me from the first time I saw all these miniatures. Another reason, and I would say obvious reason, was Brute Gorusk, as mounted infantry/beast is not such a common thing.
The UEF tanks and apc are ok and so are the monster trucks from the Brutes. The UEF tanks can be assembled in varied ways: 2 main weapon options, 2 other secondary weapon options and 2 variants for sponson weapons. Although I was not such impressed of UEF Armadillo IFV, after assembling and painting them, I realized they look very good, they stand on their own on the battlefield, although they can feel a little bit taller/bigger for 6mm and even compared to Bulldog, UEF's tank.
The battle-suits are fine, I like especially the UEF Heavy Hulk Battlesuit. When I realized that it comes in only two parts, that fit so well that you do not really need to glue them, you can guess I was fast becoming a fan of them.
From the Brute or Homo Inhumanum, however do you prefer, I liked the amount of details from the artillery miniatures and from, well you are right, Brute Gorusk. I need more time to paint them as much as they deserve, hopefully in the near future.
All in all, Brute Gorusk and Tecton vehicles were accomplishing my initial hopes: they look very good, and more, I was surprised by the looks of other miniatures. The overall design of the miniatures does a good job in supplementing the way the three factions from the ruleset Black Earth are presented among those pages. There is a healthy dose of weapon options for most of the vehicles and many postures for infantry. There would be a good thing to see this range developing more the ranks of the three factions (some other types of miniatures you can peek in the 15mm and 28mm ranges).
Nuclear Shrimp Games is the second Greek company producing 6mm miniatures that I know of, and had the chance to buy and paint their miniatures, the other being PlasmaBlast Games (I had previously done a review of their miniatures, too). It is very good to see the options for 6mm sci-fi miniatures keep diversifying and to see other design of miniatures, factions and wargames rules developed. Be sure to check them all and choose whatever you like!
 
Feedback
Hope you like it, hope you share it with many friends and leave a comment or two!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment