City Test 2

A couple of months ago I did an assembly test of a city. With many miniatures placed in the diorama it was quite hard to put together and the results were pretty amazing for me. Now I come back to do another test. In this second iteration of a city, there are 7 times more miniatures used. The aim is to have a city caught at rush hour sometimes in the near future.

As opposed to the previous test, a big improvement were the city tiles and roads, along with an exciting and more real city represented at rush hour: over 400 vehicles (cars, mini-buses, trains, flying spacecrafts - VTOLs and small spaceships), 100+ trees (ornamental, orchard, simple forest), rocks, railroads, many different types of buildings, field crops, city lights and of course citizens.

In a new test I will try to improve a bit further the roads (even the one that is on pylons) and the way buildings are placed together. I will also add interesting features that for the time are secret.

In the following photos I try to present as much angles as I could, including a zoom in from "satellite". I like the city. I think it is full of life, and has a good vibe of the near future. What do you think?













 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. I really like Brigademodels monorail. I don't seem to see the spaceships or landing field?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Telzy! Thank you! There are 4 spaceschips, 1 of them is stationed on the landing field. Second picture from above - you can see all of them, but is a big city, such details may be hidden and on the seventh you can see a close-up with the landed spaceschip. The landing field is in fact near a second one, because I wanted to represent a little spaceport that the city has. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete