Pfc C-in-C Sci-Fi 6mm Miniatures Images

Pfc C-in-C has produced many Sci-Fi 6mm Miniatures structured in two ranges of miniatures: Renegade Legion and Solar Empire Marines.

Solar Empire Marines range of miniatures has its designs conceived by Gerard Goyette from Canada and they were materialized by Michael Lovejoy (United Kingdom). Now, both Renegade Legion and SEM are available at Legion IV Hire. 

Why
Over the years I have heard many good things about the miniatures from Pfc C-in-C. I have painted the WW2 miniatures and now I can confirm that this is true also for their sci-fi miniatures. Now, the company is no longer producing miniatures. Recently, I was able to buy some of their miniatures, assemble and paint them, especially because I wanted to add to my collection the many grav tanks from Pfc C-in-C had. Also, I wanted to paint infantry miniatures from Solar Empire Marines, of which I have heard again many good remarks.

How
The miniatures come unpainted and require some preparation (removing little flesh, washing) and assemble (easy with superglue and if something does not stick fast or well, green stuff helps in taming these ”cunning” pieces in order to stick like wished). Really, the whole process is fast.  Black primer from Vallejo was applied and some coats of paints followed. I have used many Vallejo paints and some MRP paints. For SEM I decided to do something bold for me, in terms of what I have painted earlier. So, as a main design I have painted white spots trying to represent elements from medieval coat of arms (I like heraldry). During the process, this changed a little, but still, white was the main "color" used, and then different camo patterns, not usually used (I am thinking the vehicles have sci-fi camo electronic devices or the vehicles operate in diverse and exotic sci-fi planets). For miniatures from Renegade Legion, a more general camo was used. Although many of the miniatures are anti-grav I have not mounted the miniatures in such a way to represent this type of movement. Maybe in the future, but I do not know exactly if by employing the stand provided with the miniature (which I find it too tall and heavy, and more properly suited for aircraft) or I will use something different, maybe self-made.
 
Results
Following the process of assembling and painting many miniatures were painted from these two sets, SEM and Renegade Legion. Clicking one of the links from these two sets will transport you to the place were you can find many miniatures and even more camo patterns. Photos were taken from many angles and with an 8mm white cube to ease the comparison between the miniatures. In the future some miniatures may need a new paint job, especially for Renegade Legion, but time will tell.

Review

I am glad that I have painted miniatures from these legendary sets of sci-fi miniatures. The main focus of these ranges are the grav-vehicles and there are many things to like about them and also other miniatures.  SEM11 Jet Bikes Recce-Military Police are probably the best grav bikes, I like SEM25 Raptor Infantry Support (Aliens), which makes for a very good set of aliens (Gorn or similar intelligent Reptiles), many minis, good poses, and the examples can go on. For the grav vehicles the design is simple and efficient: two common hull used for the grav vehicles and their many weapon capabilities (AA, mortar, rockets, tank, artillery...), like SEM27 Ballista MLRS or SEM32 Liberator II Tank PPC Gun. There are many other miniatures in the set, I only had the chance of buying some of them. 

The same for Renegade Legion line of miniatures, which again focuses on grav vehicles (and fighters). Deliverer Renegade Heavy Tank 5960 is quite a heavy tank (design & actual weight). I like a little bit more the details on the hull of these grav tanks (for example, Viper Renegade Light Tank 5958), but some of the grav tanks look like they have a beard (this is in no way a problem, only something that clicked in my mind, like it happend in the case of the shoe design from the grav tanks of Darkest Star Games -  FD3 Tiger LODAV GMBT, one of such examples). Look at Lupis or Romulus

The ranges are quite diverse and although I prefer other types of sci-fi vehicles instead of grav vehicles (except bikes), I can tell you that these two sets changed my mind. I will look further into other grav vehicles from other manufacturers (like Strato Minis Studio). Of course, if the occasion arises, I plan on buying other miniatures from SEM, especially other designs from a quite complex range of miniatures (other alien infantry, robots, fixed artillery, alien cavalry, civilian grav vehicles, so quite many to choose from), while Renegade Legion is a little range of minis, but still one or two other minis will be good to have.

In terms of prices the miniatures are not cheap, but in infantry packs you do get a good assortment of miniatures. The miniatures fit well the 6mm sci-fi environment and are sturdy and heavy, except some of the gun barrels (Renegade Legion) with which you need to be careful while manipulating.

If you plan to populate your collection with anti-grav vehicles and many alien infantry, take a look at Solar Empire Marines and Renegade Legion, because you will find that they have plenty of options available.

Feedback
Hope you like it, hope you share it with many friends and leave a comment or two!

Click on the links to access the two sets, totalling 20+ miniatures and many corresponding images.  

*

 

Renegade Legion 

Solar Empire Marines

No comments:

Post a Comment