Novan Regulars Centurion Main Battle Tank C2

Novan Regulars Centurion Main Battle Tank is an unpainted 3mm miniature from Vanguard Miniatures (Defeat in Detail 3mm) that can be bought only in packs of 17, in a product called 3mm Novan Regulars Centurion Main Battle Tank Company (C2). As always, a 8mm cube is shown for comparison. Apart from standard turret, there are also 2 different upgrade turrets, one for command tank, and the other for political officer. The quality is absolutely great, so great that I don't actually know what to paint first: Centurion Tank in 6mm or in 3mm? I will do both, I like both. The miniatures can be painted very fast and easy. You can add more details as you feel necessary - if you can paint and latter see the details. Only if you paint in 3mm you will understand, and only if you paint more you will figure the right balance for your tastes. Moreover, do look around you, as other painters may develop clever ways of showing more with less: some simple and tiny dots of paints, may achieve more than other ways of paints. 
Of course painting in such measure (scale) like 3mm (1:600) or 6mm (1:300) brings many advantages when painting in higher measures/lower scales such as 15mm (1:100). 
I painted the miniatures and added details (with dry brush and highlighting, nothing too fancy), but only after finishing some other processes that I did: clean, glue (very easy and fast, again) prime black almost like a wash (otherwise, the miniatures turn very black and little in 3mm and you add yourself an unnecessary obstacle, see how I did in the example of Skinnerz Tank), add 2 coats of base color (even more, as desired, but thin, thin your paints so you will not cover details). If you want to see from where you start/how do these miniatures come from the manufacturer, I have also inserted a relevant photo.
See also this post about painting 3mm miniatures. Since then, when I started with WW2 miniatures, I think I have improved a lot, but still there are other important notes made in that article, or maybe I think I have improved only because of the high quality of Vanguard Miniatures and how easy is to paint them? The miniatures are genuinely extraordinary. All was very fast in 3mm, even comparing with 6mm. In a humorous way, I did add these details, because I felt in a way empty, because I painted too fast the miniatures. There is room to improve, so try yourself to paint in 3mm.
















No comments:

Post a Comment