CP Models Sci-Fi 6mm Miniatures Images


Why
I read the background of the KR-16 (Kometenmelodie-16) near future sci-fi universe and browsed through the line of miniatures that CP Models, the producer, has. I quickly read also the other KR-16 materials (rules, unit stats, scenarios) and liked them, as I did with Pathfinder Paladin Warrior and I have decided to collect and paint these miniatures. I have put together images of painted miniatures and a review.
Buckle up!


How
All of the miniatures come unpainted and require some assemble. In general, the miniatures need little prepare time - assembling, removing unwanted parts, glue few parts and washing. Applying black primer and some coats of paints followed, and a little effect with a wash and dry brush to show a little wear and tear. RDF miniatures are from metal, while Junkers miniatures are from metal and also part metal, part resin (hover vehicles vehicles). Resin is also used for scenery and objective markers.

 
Results
Under each photo, that can be enlarged so you can observe the details more easily, there is the name of the painted miniature in order of the code of miniature and of the types of miniatures (RDF - Regional Defence Force, Junkers, Generic Sci-Fi, Generic Sci-Fi Scenery) and a link that leads you to further images if you are more interested in a respective miniatures. For each miniature I have taken photos from different angles. You can you use the search bar to find out more easily a miniature. I have remade many of the paint job and I am glad with the new results. I have also kept the old painting job done.
Review
I do not have all the miniatures prepared and painted that are available at the time of this review, so it will only be a partial review. The range also is not complete, as the range of miniatures misses some codes and corresponding products, from example from RDF10 to RDF13 and so on. Also, when I have made some orders I have not received the right parts for some miniatures (Vali Hovertank, Rattlesnake), but overall I am satisfied with the services (this was kindly fixed with my next order, when I received the missing parts). The quality of miniatures is good, as they look and they really are very sturdy. For my taste I think there is a little scale creep issue (see a comparison with other miniatures I have made a while ago), but I am in favor of it in 6mm sci-fi as it fits more good with sci-fi environ, though I do have to mention this for those of you that care for this. I also wanted more details on miniatures: they are big and could have easily supported many interesting details, even in theme with the KR-16 background. The KR-16 line of miniatures needs to be more developed also in terms of numbers of miniatures. The scenery option is quite overhelming, but it does not feature in my review, only with some exceptions, which I consider pretty good objective markers in a 6mm miniature game for example (Supply Crates of  Escape Pod). 

I have enjoyed the miniatures of the animals in this range: from the iconic Jurapeds, through Flak Worms or Razor Hounds. Another pièce de résistance is the range of miniatures composed of 6mm characters, 30 such miniatures in total. You could well use them in a RPG if you wanted, and with a little bit more money, as each mini is quite expensive, you could assemble an army, for instance with more Paul Freeman you could have an army of fremen, of course inspired from Frank Herbert's critically acclaimed Dune. Especially, these characters could come in handy while designing wargame scenarios. Likewise the other infantry models are good and quite diversified in poses and battlefield roles. In the same manner with Paul Freeman, RDF HK Drones remind me of Oblivion, the 2013 movie with Tom Cruise. 
As for the vehicles, I like the Junkers hover vehicles, the mentioned Pathfinder vehicle and its different incarnations (MG, gun engineering kit, missiles). 
From the examples above you could tell that CP Models has a lot of types of minis in 6mm: infantry, vehicles (wheeled, hover, tracked), drones, cavalry, animals, power armour, scenery (but except maybe of drones, no flying objects). The line of miniatures in general is based on one chassis and many variations - Pathfinder is one of them, as well as Hover from Junkers or Bullfrog with all of its configurations.
The is also an important number of buildings that can be acquired. These miniatures are grouped in four categories: generic scenery, junkers, badlands and OKI Corporation. There are many nice things to write about the design. For example, I like the GNS04 Power Generator, which reminds me of the power plant from the video game Dune 2000 (Westwood Studios, 1998), GNS36 Repulsorlift Train or the OC07 OKI Wall Set.
Overall I think the miniatures are good, but more new designs and more details added to some of them are needed. For sure, your wargames or collection of miniatures would be suffering from not having some minis from CP Models. My top 3 favoured minis from CP Models would include at any time Juraped, Paladin Warrior and any Bullfrog.
Feedback
Hope you like it, hope you share it with many friends and leave a comment or two!


Click on the links leading you to many corresponding images.


Generic Sci-Fi




 
 
 


 


 
Junkers


 


  
 


 



Sci-Fi Characters








The Regional Defence Force (RDF)



 




 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment