Ground Zero Games Sci-Fi Miniatures Images - Full Thrust

Why
The miniatures from Ground Zero Games, representing starships on 1/3000 scale( or something like this), so, really small, were the first starships miniatures that I've seen. And I liked them very fast. I have also read the freely available "fluff" from the GZG's website. It was very good and I have enjoyed it. I have ordered fast a starter set, FT INTRO FLEET DOUBLE, choosed two factions to see exactly how good they were and most importantly if they were good for me and if I can work and still have fun with them. I remember it was hard at first and the first thing that surprised me was that they were having so many details and they had so much weight. Then, I have decided to start collecting, painting and photographing the miniatures of Ground Zero Games.

How  
The miniatures come unpainted and require some preparation (removing little flesh, washing) and assemble (with superglue, not easy at all the time, if something does not stick well, use first a little green stuff to make the ”cunning” pieces hold like wished).  Black primer from Vallejo was applied and some coats of paints followed. I have used many Vallejo colors during this period of collecting these miniatures, but I stick to my own representations of all the factions from Full Thrust. According to my tastes, I think the collection is ok, although for some of the miniatures a lot of good work could have been done (this collection in a way represents also my still developing painting skills across the years).

Results 
It took some time to actually do all the collecting, painting and photographing of the miniatures. What you see and read here is a gallery of images assembled and a review of all the stuff collected. 11 factions, 50+  miniatures, hundreds of photos and some thoughts on working and collecting this Full Thrust range of miniatures.

Review 
The miniatures produced by Ground Zero Games under the name Full Thrust are probably the most important miniatures of starships, termed at 1/3000 scale. They can work for other scales too. Also 1/3000 scale of something that it does not exist, is something tricky to affirm. The miniatures are well made, with many details. They are heavy weight and this represent a problem in the next step, when you want to assemble the miniatures. In general, they come in two or three parts, but for the very big starships this can be a problem. The weight of the miniatures caused me problems in assembling and also the thing that maybe sometimes the parts did not have the right holes to stick the other parts into them. So you need to be careful to see exactly how they fit before you actually start to glue the pieces. The website does not always have photos to help you in assembling the miniatures. The basing of the miniatures it is also a problem, again, caused by the weight of the miniatures. To counter this problem, GZG offered metal bases to sustain the total weight of the starship, and I admit it is better with them. 
 
Most of the factions from Full Thrust are very well developed in terms of information and miniatures available. The designs are very good for the factions and also for the types of miniatures (frigates, destroyers, cruisers etc.). I do not have all the miniatures, not even all the miniatures from just a faction, but I have worked with many Full Thrust miniatures. I can recommend these miniatures because they are very good, though it is best to have a little bit experience with working with miniatures before starting with Full Thrust. The information, "fluff", from GZG's website is great too. GZG is a very good company, with a good customer service (I have also collected other miniatures from this company - want to see other reviews and tons on images, look no further then a click - 6mm - for Dirtside and Future Wars). I will collect in the future other miniatures from the Full Thrust universe, this is a sure thing.

Feedback
Hope you like it, hope you share it with many friends and leave a comment or two!

Click on the links to access the galleries of the ranges of miniatures, totaling 50+ miniatures and thousands of corresponding images. 

 

Neu Swabian League (NSL)


Scandinavian Federation (ScanFed)


Federal Stats Europa (FSE)


New Anglian Confederation (NAC)


Kra'Vak (KV) 


Phalon (PH) 

 

Sa'Vasku (SV) 

 

UNSC


Crusty Starships 


Eurasian Solar Union (ESU)


Merchant, Civilian and Support Ships

No comments:

Post a Comment