Mantic Games Sci-Fi 28 mm Miniatures Images - Deadzone

Why 

I have read many information about sci-fi wargames and among those that captured my imagination was Deadzone from Mantic Games. I like their miniatures and the general idea of the wargame, a skirmish-type wargame, in which many factions (like Enforcers or Forge Fathers) exist and they assemble combat teams to fight on planets with problems, entered in the carantine status and called Deadzones.

How 

The miniatures come unpainted and not assembled. The assemble part was done with super glue. The miniatures come in sprue, so you have to cut the parts there, remove unwanted parts, clean and wash with liquid soap, prime, and only then paint. First a base coat, then applying wash and and then picking details through highlighting or drybrushing. I tried many schemes, not all worked for me. Each miniature also comes with a round base. You will have to figure out your own basing materials needed to represent each base for each faction or miniature.

Results 

Miniatures from two factions were collected from the main starter set of Deadzone and with the help of faction starters. The painted miniatures were assembled in this gallery of images and the present review followed.

Review  

I like the story behind Deadzone and the miniatures. The more I painted the more I liked them. It is not easy to arrive at this step, because sometimes the part were you assemble the miniature can be complicated. I have much to improve at this step. There is one thing to assemble the miniatures for the looks, and a totally different one for the wargame and its rules. I arrived somewhere between, I confess, quite usually. But it was fun for me. The cleaning part is not easy, you have to be careful, when removing parts from the sprue. 

The miniatures are 28mm, they come in plastic and for what you pay they are good. Some of the miniatures really look good. In general, I like Enforcer faction and some of the miniatures from the Forge Fathers. Other factions are nice (Plague, GCPS, Marauders, Asterian, Ver-myn, Mercenaries, Rebs, Nameless) and I may plunge in collecting Ver-myn, which looks good or Plague. It also depends on the fluff side, aka story. And because we have arrived at this chapter, the story impresses me, but the more I have read the less I was. Now, it is just ok, but maybe in the future the story will be redeveloped. 

The game is in continuous growth, since new factions have arrived over the years (Asterian, GCPS, Nameless) so there is hope. Will see in the future, but you may want to take a look and decide for yourself if Deadzone is the right range of miniatures for you. A review of the wargame will be done soon. Hope you like it!

 *

Click on the links to access the galleries of the ranges of miniatures, totaling 50+ miniatures and thousands of corresponding images.

 


Enforcers


Forge Fathers 

No comments:

Post a Comment