Lunar Station

Lunar Station is an unpainted 6mm resin miniature produced by Brigade Models. I painted the miniature and took photos with an 8mm white cube to serve as comparison with other miniatures.

A painted example of the Lunar Station is also present on the excellent Brigade Models site (you may well know that there are important e-shops for 6mm miniatures that don’t even show photos of the products you buy, let alone having good painted examples or good photos). In that version the entrance is painted black to show that basically it has no gates it is a passage in order to enter the station, made of concrete or something (sci-fi-ish) material thing.

I have also painted the lunar station in my own set of colors for the big buildings coming from Brigade Models (for example, also for skyscrapers), meaning light gray and light yellow (buff vallejo color), with the important difference on how I looked the entrances to the station. Because it is a lunar station, supposedly on Moon (but also we may regard this just as a model of building that can exist also on other planetary bodies), I regarded the entrances as force fields and painted yellow also. The windows were also painted in the same color. After some time and after carefully looking at the miniature, I thought that is better to consider that all windows and doors and the main entrances are in fact force fields (you may pass them without being fried just with a certain frequency code or something similar). These force fields are transparent and strong enough not to be easily destroyed. In fact, I figured that most of the architecture of the station was not composed of concrete, but of force fields and here comes a problem, because there were so many that, if this was the case, needed to be painted. This is when I said to myself  that is now or never :) after all how many lunar stations I will paint in my life (probably, as is the case with many things, I will return ashamed to these rows with an update, writing that since now/then x more lunar stations were painted from Brigade Models or other manufacturers :) but who knows really what it will happen?)

Ok, so it took a while, but I made it. Sometimes I look at it and I don’t believe I was able to do it.

This is why you will see further two sets of photos of the same miniature. Hope you like and if you have any questions, comments, criticism, better painted examples, please share them!
























 

No comments:

Post a Comment