Zvezda WW2 15mm Miniatures Images

Why 
The first 15mm miniatures that I bought are from Zvezda. I wanted to see what it means to paint at such a big scale, as compared from what I was used to paint, 6mm miniatures. And I bought miniatures from World War 2, me coming from mainly sci-fi. So for me it was a step in the hobby to remember. I was not disappointed by the miniatures or by the scale and I have fond memories of this experience.

How 
Miniatures come not assembled, in a sprue, so you have to cut the parts of the miniature from the sprue, carefully to avoid unwanted events, for example bad-cutting a machine gun, which at this scale is little and fragile. Be careful again, as Zvezda's plastic employed for the miniatures is hard (but sometimes friable) so it may break easily if poorly handled. You will have to clean the miniatures with liquid soap, as is necessary for any miniatures. This is important so that when you paint, the color that you are using will actually stick in the desired way from the first coating to the miniature. It is good to apply this coat thin and to repeat the process, so that the details of the miniatures will be kept and not covered by thick paint. You can seal the paint job with a varnish, preferably mat, because you do not want your tank to glow...

Results 
I painted some miniatures from Zvezda and assembled an image gallery and this review. The painted miniatures are mostly vehicles. The paint job I did may not be that good. I was at the beginning of the hobby and also the first miniatures painted at 15mm, me coming from 6mm.

Review 
As previously written, most of the miniatures that I have painted from Zvezda are representing vehicles from World War 2. I will not repeat the important aspects highlighted in the "How" section. I just want to supplement those said in that section in mentioning that you will soon start to assemble and paint the miniatures very fast and well. The difficulty is somewhere from easy to easy-medium, but pay attention to little parts and to the parts of the miniatures that sometimes do not fit well, leaving some little holes in the miniatures. You can cover them with green stuff or avoid many of them by paying a little bit more attention when assembling. 
The range of miniatures expanded significantly since I first started painting Zvezda, but already back then they were having vehicles from Germany, Russia, United States or United Kingdom.  The miniatures have good details and good prices and Zvezda even has a wargame in which you can use your miniatures (Art of Tactic). For this wargame Zvezda has 1/72 infantry, motorcycles and other miniatures. The miniatures can be used in all sorts of hobby projects like I did for my mini-dioramas (see the gallery for KV-2, but search for diorama in the search bar and other examples will show).
Zvezda manufactures many good and very good 15mm miniatures and cheap that you can employ in your hobby projects and is a recommendation for any beginner in this hobby. If you are a more experienced hobbyist you already know that Zvezda's miniatures have their flaws, but are not to be bypassed from and projects.

Feedback
Hope you like it, hope you share it with many friends and leave a comment or two!

Click on the links to access the galleries of the ranges of miniatures, totaling 50+ miniatures and thousands of corresponding images. 

Junkers Ju-87 B2 Stuka (6123)


 Opel Blitz Truck (6126)

SdKfz 221 Armored Car (6157)

SdKfz 251-1 Ausf.B (6127)


 PzKpfw 38(t) (6130)


 PzKpfw II (6102)

PzKpfw IIIG (6119)


 PzKpfw IV Ausf.D (6151)


 PzKpfw IV F2 (6251)


 PzKpfw VI Tiger I Tank (6256)


 Matador (6175)


 Matilda I (6191)

Matilda II (6171)


 M3 Lee Tank (6264)


 M3A1 Stuart Tank (6265)

 M4A2 Sherman Tank (6263)

 

KV-2 (6202)

 

 T-34-76 model 1940 (6101)

No comments:

Post a Comment